A friend of mine there told me a while ago that Indianapolis was honoring one of my favorite authors, Kurt Vonnegut, in this way (and, knowing me well, she also reminded me again last week - thanks, Lisa).
Not only do I think this is a heck of way for a city to celebrate a native son, but it's great that the local library and cultural newspaper are so involved. Talk about encouraging reading through positive publicity. However, I can't help note the similarity to the plot of Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions.
Here are some more Vonnegut resources on the internet:
- http://www.vonnegut.com (official website)
- http://www.vonnegutweb.com (unofficial website)
- Wikipedia's entry for Kurt Vonnegut
- Find Vonnegut's books through WorldCat.org
- Vonnegut's books-as-movies from the Internet Movie Database
- Buy Vonnegut's books on Amazon.com
- Articles written for In These Times
- Another news article, from Topics.com