Why do this?
Social bookmarking websites (like del.icio.us) allow for easy, no-tech-skills-needed creating & editing of web content. This content can be shared with others in a variety of ways (web searching, rss feeds, or on your library website).
The process I used to create this
- Create del.ico.us account
- Add your bookmarked web resources to your account
- Use your own structured language in the tags field to create whatever categories you want
- Using a "post to del.icio.us" toolbar button is helpful
- Add to your html page and upload to your web server
Web resources for using del.icio.us as subject guides
- Listing of useful libraries and example websites related to using del.icio.us
- Online presentation: "Make your library del.icio.us" by Jason Griffey
- Online presentation: "Social Bookmarking & del.icio.us: A Personal and Professional Productivity Tool" by Patricia F. Anderson
- library20.ning.com discussion: "Del.icio.us and the library web page"
- library20.ning.com discussion: "Is del.icio.us the best?"