Hey, ALA Midwinter 2010 is in Boston this month. Being so close, I can hardly pass up going, especially since I have a free pass to the exhibit hall courtesy of LYRASIS (steps for getting your own free pass below).
I went the last time it was in Boston, and was slightly underwhelmed. It's definitely more of a business meeting for the various ALA committees, which I didn't expect. But this year there are some vendors I want to talk to, librarians to meet, and LibraryThing is also planning an event. Please say hi if you see me.
And here's the scoop on the free passes: my library is a part of MVLC which is part of NMRLS which is a part of LYRASIS. If you're also somehow covered under their umbrella, here's how to get your free pass:
- Go to http://registration.experient-inc.com/ShowALA101/DefaultExhGuest.aspx?CompanyId=2160
- You will be brought to the Midwinter website. Note the Exhibits times. Click "Next."
- Fill in your contact information. Click "Next."
- Click "Member" and complete your demographics information. Click "Next."
- Leave "Your Events" empty. Click "Next."
- Review your "Registration Summary." Click "Next."
- You're done! You will have a confirmation number; your total will be $0.00. Print your confirmation.
Oh yeah, and exhibit dates/times are below, with the story on the ALA page:
Friday, Jan 15: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Saturday, Jan 16: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday, Jan 17: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Monday, Jan 18: 9:00am - 2:00pm