My library is a part of the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium, and the consortium is looking for a new Assistant Executive Director. It's a great job - details below and on the state library jobs website.
The Assistant Executive Director has a unique opportunity to effect a positive change on the consortiums user support operations. This will have a profound impact on the consortiums relations with its member library community As the go-to person for the Executive Director he or she will think creatively to solve problems while coordinating all day to day user services operations, training workshops, and other user support programs. The Assistant Executive Director consults with member library staff and consortia user groups to determine how well their automation needs are being met. The Assistant Executive Director collaborates with the Executive Director, MVLC user groups, and the MVLC Executive Committee in the development and implementation of long and short range strategic plans. The Assistant Executive Director will act in the place of the Executive Director in the absence of same.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will assume duties of the Executive Director in absence of same in overseeing daily operations and assigned duties.
- Supervises help desk staff and cataloging staff. Directs and oversees technology services staff in all activities related to customer support operations.
- Designs and evaluates consortia wide staff training and documentation for new and existing technologies (Integrated Library System, eContent, Internet services, etc.). Designs and evaluates training documentation for member libraries to use with patrons.
- Provides direct consultation and troubleshooting to library staff relative to their use of the automation systems.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director, Assistant Director for Technology Services, and appropriate member library user groups in the analysis, evaluation, implementation, configuration, and selection of automation products and services that benefit member libraries.
- Oversight, selection, and management of the consortiums trouble ticketing system. Provides the Executive Director and appropriate committees coherent statistics related to the ticketing system.
- Designs and publishes public relations articles and the network's newsletter. Updates MVLC Membership Directory. Develops and maintains MVLC's public and internal web sites and wikis.
- Attends appropriate committee meetings and serves as liaison for network staff and member libraries for all user applications.
- Advises and assists in the planning and implementation of grant proposals.
- Ensures that the consortium staff is providing effective communication and quality customer service to member libraries. Effectively cooperates and communicates with fellow coworkers, vendors, and patrons.
- Responsible for consortia wide development of eContent collections. Provides member libraries with detailed evaluation, documentation, training, and statistics for shared eContent Collections.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned; may include some night and weekend duties.
General office environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting. Requires operation of vehicle to attend off site meetings. The noise level in the work environment is low. Moderate levels of stress may occur.
May spend extended periods at workstations performing tasks requiring eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity, and extensive keyboarding and viewing of computer screens. Requires ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Answer telephones and maintain multiple files. Periods of standing may be required during training sessions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- ALA accredited MLS
- Three to five years public service and automation experience, including supervisory and administrative Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven customer service orientation
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Knowledge of PC environment
- Public library experience desirable
Salary: $66,924 - $88,780, in ten steps
Closing Date: Until Filled
Send: Email a resume, cover letter, and the name, address E-mail address, and telephone number of three professional references to email@example.com.