The next Library Day in the Life is coming up - it runs the week of January 30th through February 5th. If you haven't participated, think about trying it this time - it's interesting, and a lot of fun.
I've done the last few, and plan on live-blogging one of my days for #libday8 also. If you're interested, read Bobbi Newman's explanatory post, then check out the LibDay wiki, and follow these directions:
- Chose your medium – blog posts, tweets, pictures, videos, interpretive dance, whatever.
- Go to the wiki
- Create an account (it’s free), carefully read the instructions for adding your content.
- On the 30th start recording your day or week.
- Bloggers, Flickr & YouTube users tag your posts with librarydayinthelife and #libday8. Twitters use the #libday8
- Bloggers be sure to include an introductory paragraph explaining the project and information about your position for readers.
- Add your Flickr photos or videos to the Group on Flickr and/or join the Facebook Page
Unrelated to #libday8, I wanted to let people know the Swiss Army Librarian site will join other websites in going dark on Jan 18th to protest SOPA. If you're interested in doing it to0, here's a few tips.